Search This Blog

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Bp4_2010059_web2.0tools




I found some really great web 2.0 tools.  The one I found that I feel I can use in my current environment is Headmagnet.  This tool can be found at http://www.headmagnet/ .com.  This web 2.0 tool Is an online flashcard system designed to help you remember.  As an operations manager I have so many daily, weekly, and monthly tasks to complete for several other managers, offices, and regions.  It is also teacher job fair season so I go out every weekend to a different job fair and need to remember those who I have spoken to.  This software can help you to remember names , faces, and dates. 


You can create your own lists of things to remember.   You can use it to learn nd remember new vocabulary words, birthdays and other important dates, people, and favorite quotes.
I used the basic profile which gave me a list of 5 vocabulary words to learn.  It gives me the word, the definition, and a hint.  The hint uses many different types of memory tools like using the word in a sentence or word association.  After you study you can save what you have learned to your “head”.  “The your "Head" page is a set of study lists that you want to learn and remember long term.
The Head page allows you to see what your current level of strength is for each study list.”  You can share lists with your friends or students with their peers.  You can decide how the material is presented.  This site is perfect for differentiating instruction.
In my work our reps have a lot of things they need to remember.  We use traditional flash cards, but I think this site is much more beneficial.  I believe students will love to use this tool as It is completely customizable and can be private or public.  I have already started using my head magnet page and can’t wait to start remembering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment